9/22/2012

Drop Biscuits

I wanted biscuits to go with dinner tonight. I was running late, however, and wasn't sure that I had time.  I decided to make quick drop biscuits.  They turned out so good!  They were buttery and crispy on the outside, moist and light on the inside.  I will definitely do these again.  Just have to write down what I did so I don't forget.  These made 22 biscuits, so you could make half if you need.  I bet they would freeze well - I don't know for sure because they never last that long with my crew.
 
Drop Biscuits
 
4 cups flour
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10 Tablespoons butter, chilled and cut in cubes
2 1/2 cups buttermilk OR milk
 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.

Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter.
Stir in the buttermilk and mix until the dough comes together.
Drop the dough onto a baking sheet (I cover it with parchment paper).  I use a large cookie scoop.  Leave space between each biscuit for them to expand.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment