9/16/2012

Spaghetti Squash

We planted a lot of different squash in our garden this year.  I have 8 butternut squash on my counter right now. (I'll figure out what to do with them eventually.)  We have pumpkins and patty pan squash and spaghetti squash.  It is the spaghetti squash turn.
 
Here's how I cook them.
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half.  You might need a cleaver.  Just saying.
 
Place the squash cut side down in a baking dish.
 
Put 1/2 inch of water in the baking dish so the squash won't get lonely and become a dried up shell of itself.
 
Cover the whole thing with aluminum foil.  Everything needs privacy.
 
Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
 
Remove from the oven, uncover and turn the squash over.  Cover them up again and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
 
Remove from the oven.
Scrape out the seeds and feed them to your your chickens. :)
 
With a fork, gently scrape the squash into a bowl.
 
At this point, you can do what you want.  I like a little browned butter, herbes de provence and salt on my squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment