6/29/2013

Baked Tilapia and Roasted Summer Veggies

I know, I know.  I have been on a jelly/jam making kick.  It is probably not going to end anytime soon, however.  The season is just getting started.

Some friends, though, are wanting more dinner ideas.  Since I still make dinner - even when I am canning stuff - I will post this one.  

It is very easy.  Dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.  Not labor intensive.  Healthy.  Good enough for company.  My kiddos wanted more than I cooked (I consider that a success.)  

 How about that?


I got the idea from a recipe posted on Spend With Pennies and changed it a little to suit me and my family.  It is really good.  The veggies cook at the same time and are done right before the fish.  You could probably use whatever kind of summer veggies you want - these are just what I had on hand.

Here you go.

Cook on.


Baked Tilapia

6 (or as many as you need to cook) Tilapia fillets
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons softened butter
1/3 cup mayonnaise
juice of 1/2 lemon - about 2 Tablespoons
1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a baking pan, place all of the fish.  Grind some salt and pepper on top.
Bake for 15 minutes.

While the fish (and veggies) are baking, mix the remaining ingredients.

After 15 minutes, remove fish from the oven.  Move the oven rack to a high position and turn on the broiler to high.

Spread the Parmesan cheese mixture on top of the fish.

Cook under the broiler for 4 minutes.

That's it.



Roasted Summer Veggies

1 bunch thin (the thick won't cook through in 15 minutes) asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed
3 zucchini. sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 Tablespoon olive oil (don't measure, just drizzle)
Salt and pepper OR 1 teaspoon Emeril's original seasoning

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Put all of the veggies in a baking pan.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning of choice.

Swirl the veggies around to get them all coated.

Bake at 350 degrees (with the fish) for 15 minutes.

That's it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment