1/02/2014

Egg and Chili Casserole

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe it is 2014.  Wow.  I remember in January 1970, I was 9, figuring out how old I would be in 2000.  40!!!!  It sounded SOOOO old.  Here it is 2014-even older!
I'm the one in the middle. I think I was 9 or 10 here.
Wow.

Anyhow, on New Year's morning, we were invited to a very nice brunch at the home of dear friends.  (Thanks Aldo and Joni - it was lovely.)  This is the egg dish that I made.  Many asked for the recipe.  Every time I have made it people have asked for the recipe.

It's that good.

The recipe is not my own, however.  It was given to me many years ago from my sister, Mary.  She always has the best recipes.  Love you, my sister.

This is kinda like chili rellenos in casserole form.  I like it with salsa.


Egg and Chili Casserole

1/2 cup melted butter
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
2 cups cottage cheese
10 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilis

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick spray, or butter generously.


Mix all of the ingredients together. I used my Kitchen-aid, but it is easy enough by hand. 

Smooth egg mixture in prepared pan.

Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Serve with salsa, if desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment