1/09/2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sometimes you just need a cookie.
It's true.
Many years ago, a dear friend of mine - Victoria - brought me and my family some cookies.  We were having a rough time.  It was just a plate of cookies.  Not much.  A little time and a few ingredients.  But it seemed like so much more.
That plate of cookies meant that someone was thinking about me.  It meant that someone cared enough to spend a little time just for me.  They drove out or their way just for me.
Just a little plate of cookies.
Maybe, if we are thinking of someone, that is a sign that we need to give away a plate of cookies.
Because sometimes it's not just a little plate of cookies.
Victoria's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
lotsa chocolate chips (I usually use 1 bag, PoppaH uses 2, I used 1 1/2 today)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream together the butter and sugars.  It will be thick.
Add the eggs and vanilla (you get good vanilla, right?  You can order good Mexican vanilla here http://www.globalgoods.com/This is where I order it.) Mix it up.
Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.  Mix.  Add the chocolate chips.  Go ahead and taste the batter - you know you want to.
Scoop out the dough (about 1 rounded Tablespoon at a time) onto an ungreased baking sheet.  I line mine with parchment because it works better.
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
Cool on rack.
Okay, let them cool at least long enough to not burn your tongue too badly.

1 comment:

  1. "Holy cow best cookies and COOKIE DOUGH ever," says my 13 year old son!!! Thanks for posting this. I lost this recipe a few years ago and am so happy to have it back:)

    ReplyDelete